- PORCHETTA -
1. Pre-heat oven to 225F
2. Remove roast from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
3. Place roast on roasting rack and cook for 3-4 hours rotating each hour.
4. Bring roast slowly to 155-160F internal temp. It will wink at you when it's there.
5. Remove roast from oven and bring oven to 500F. Put roast back in and cook until the skin puffs-up like cracklin' - about 30-minutes, but check after 15-minutes, after all, 500F is pretty darn hot.
6. Remove roast from the oven and let rest for 25-30 minutes before serving.
7. If you have more time to rest it, let it nap. The longer, the better.
8. Shave like roast beef with a serrated knife.